D-Type national visa
Where to apply?
You can apply at the Polish Office in Taipei (TWTC/ITB Suite 1601-1602, No. 333, Sec. 1, Keelung Rd., Taipei, 110).
Do I have to apply in person?
Visa application form must be submitted in person. Diplomatic mission does not accept application forms sent via fax, regular mail or e-mail.
How to book an appointment?
In order to apply for a visa, please book your appointment via the e-konsulat system.
Remember to apply for a visa not later than two weeks before the planned departure.
What documents do I need to submit?
- Visa application form filled via the e-konsulat system, printed and signed;
- A 3.5 x 4.5 cm colour photo. The photo must be:
- sharp, taken against white background and printed on a quality paper,
- newer than 6 months,
- taken en face, clearly showing the eyes and face on both sides from the top of the head to the top of the shoulders with the face covering 70-80% of the photo. The photo must be taken without any headwear.
- Passport issued within last ten years, valid for at least three months from the expected return date, with at least two blank pages for visas.
- A copy of the passport page with personal data and the photo.
- A medical travel insurance whose coverage amounts to not less than EUR 30,000, and covering all expenses that may arise in connection with the need to return for medical reasons, a medical emergency, urgent hospitalisation or death, or medical insurance within the meaning of Polish regulations on health care benefits financed out of public funds
Information of the Minister of Foreign Affairs about the insurers and the insurances that they offer, which meet the necessary conditions referred to in Article 25 (1) (2) (a) and Article 25 (1b) of the Act of 12 December 2013 on Foreigners is available on the website of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs https://www.gov.pl/web/diplomacy/visas
- A copy of an ID document to confirm legal residence within the consular district of your application.
- Proof that you have enough means of subsistence in the form decided by the mission.
- A valid bank account statement issued by your bank,
- A valid credit card with a certificate of means available,
- A valid income certificate from your employer for the last three months,
- Traveller's checques issued to the visa applicant – an original and a copy.
- A proof of accommodation (for example, an official invitation or a hotel booking or reservation).
- Documents confirming the purpose of your stay Poland.
Additionally, when applying for a visa for a minor you should present:
- Written consent of the child’s/minor’s parent(s) to apply for a visa, confirmed by a notary. If there is only one guardian, it should be proved by a birth certificate, a court decision on exclusive parental custody or a death certificate of the other parent.
- Originals and copies of parents' passports.
- An original and a copy of a birth certificate.
If the child is entered in the parent's or legal guardian’s passport, please submit a separate visa application. The visa will be pasted into the parent's or the legal guardian's passport.
- You must apply for a visa in a consular office or the embassy’s consular department in the consular district of your place of residence
- Usually, the above documents are enough to receive a visa, however, the consul may require additional documents.
- The consul may, but does not have to, invite the applicant for an interview.
- The D-type visas allow to stay in other Schengen states for 90 days of any 180-day period. It means that you can legally stay in the Schengen Area only if your stay was shorter than 90 days over the past 180 days.
- The D-type visa is valid for a maximum of one year.
Please note, that receiving the visa does not guarantee that you will enter Poland - the final decision is always made by the Border Guard.
How much does it cost?
The cost of submitting a visa application is 2738 NTD. Payment is made in cash at the time of application.
The visa application fee is non-returnable, whatever the consul's decision.
What is the waiting time?
The decision on the issue of a visa is made within 15 working days from the payment date of application fee. If the documents need to be examined in more detail, the consideration period may be extended to 30 days. In urgent and justified cases, the decision can be made in three working days.
How to collect the documents?
The decision can be picked up on Wednesdays and Fridays between 2:00 p.m. and 4:00 p.m., after prior confirmation that the documents are ready for the collection.
How to appeal?
If you do not agree with the consul's decision, you may ask to have your visa application re-considered. You must apply for the reconsideration in the office that issued the decision within 14 days of its delivery.
The application fee in this case is 2738 NTD.
Applications can be submitted on Mondays and Wednesdays from 10:00-12:00, excluding public holidays.
Frequently asked questions
Rozporządzenie Parlamentu Europejskiego i Rady (WE) nr 810/2009 z dnia 13 lipca 2009 r. ustanawiające Wspólnotowy Kodeks Wizowy (kodeks wizowy)
Ustawa z dnia 12 grudnia 2013 r. o cudzoziemcach
Ustawa z dnia 25 czerwca 2015 r. Prawo konsularne